Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ben Affleck and Juno Romantically

Jennifer Garner ArenaI think In the Movie Juno, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner's husband was interested romantically in Juno.

Offcourse, but he wasn't seeing her as a teenager, he was seeing her as an equal.

We can see from the script:

MARK

They SWAY slowly to the music. Juno’s belly bumps up against
Mark.
MARK
I feel like there’s something
between us.
They laugh.
Juno rests her head on Mark’s chest. They dance in silence
for a few moments, then stop moving. Mark pulls Juno as close
as he possibly can, given her expanding girth.
MARK
I’m leaving Vanessa.
JUNO
(quiet at first)
What?
MARK
It’s just not working out, but I’m
getting my own place in the city...
and I’ve got it all planned out.
It’s something I’ve wanted to do
for a long time...
Juno backs away.
JUNO
(growing)
No.
MARK
No?
JUNO
No. No, you definitely cannot do
that, Mark. That’s a big, fat sack
of no!
MARK
What’s the matter?
JUNO
This isn’t what we agreed on. You
guys have to take care of...this!
You are the chosen custodians of
the big-*** bump!
She GESTURES wildly to her belly. Suddenly, something matters
to her far more than the approval of an older guy.
MARK
But I thought you’d be cool if...
JUNO
(interrupting)
I want you guys to adopt the
Buglet. I wanted everything to be
perfect. Not shitty and broken like
everyone else’s family. Listen,
once I have the baby, Vanessa is
going to finally be happy, and
everything will be all right.
Believe me on this one!
MARK
A baby is not going to fix
everything. Besides, I don’t know if
I’m ready to be a father.
JUNO
(aghast)
But you’re old!
MARK
I...How do you think of me, Juno?
Why are you here?
JUNO
I don’t know. I just liked being your
friend. I sort of liked becoming
furniture in your weird life.
MARK
This...
(he gestures to the dank
surrounding room)
...this is what my life has become.
Stuff in boxes. Stuff underground.
Is that so appealing to you?
JUNO
Yeah, I guess...Is this my fault? Is
Vanessa mad at you because of me?
MARK
That’s not the point. We’re just
not in love anymore.
JUNO
Yeah, but didn’t you love Vanessa
when you married her? If you love
someone once, you can love them
again, I know it. My friend Leah has
gone out with the same guy, like,
four times. You’re just not trying.

Mark suddenly sees Juno for what she is - a teenage girl.

MARK
I’m such an idiot. I can’t believe
what an idiot I am.
He paces over to the wall and KICKS it softly.
JUNO
Please don’t get a divorce! God,
Mark, just do me a solid and stay
with your wife.
MARK
God, you’re so young.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment